Memorial Day weekend marks the opening of Maine to the outside world, and summer is right around the corner. There's a reason tourism is one of our state's biggest industries! Aurora's staff weighed in on some of our favorite things to do during this beautiful, but fleeting, season.
Jose Azel, President & Founder:
- Harvesting veggies from the garden
- Driving my BMW with the top down, wind gently ruffling my hair
- Swimming in Kezar Lake
Rachel Buckley, Production Coordinator:
- Lobster boat races in Stonington, ME, which include a rope swing (YAY!) and eel infested lake (BOO!)
- Music Festivals and Fairs…hello NKOTB and Counting Crows! What can I say, I am eclectic
- 4th of July parties on Cape Cod
Sarah Cotter, Account Executive:
- Outdoor concerts
- Wearing flip flops instead of boots!
- Beach Days
Jim MacKay, Account Executive:
- Catching the Jason Spooner Band at Portland Lobster Company
- Bustins Island offshore Closest to the Pin Competition
- Winter Harbor Lobster Festival
- Camping with the kids in the back yard
- Working in the garden
- Ice cream at Toots (http://www.tootsicecream.com/welcome.html - website does not do it justice)
Larry Westler, Content Director:
- Riding my bike down Eastern Promenade trail just before sunset, looking for woodchucks.
- Outdoor beers at one of the many, MANY delicious local breweries
- Exploring the coast of Maine; one of my favorite new places is Popham Beach State Park.