Need a photo of the outdoors? Look no further than Aurora Photos, giving you the very best of outdoor adventure, active lifestyle, remote destination travel and nature’s beauty.
Memorial Day weekend marks the opening of Maine to the outside world, and summer is right around the corner. There’s a reason tourism is one of our state’s biggest industries! Aurora’s staff weighed in on some of our favorite things to do during this beautiful, but fleeting, season.
Jose Azel, President & Founder:
- Harvesting veggies from the garden
- Driving my BMW with the top down, wind gently ruffling my hair
- Swimming in Kezar Lake
Rachel Buckley, Production Coordinator:
- Lobster boat races in Stonington, ME, which include a rope swing (YAY!) and eel infested lake (BOO!)
- Music Festivals and Fairs…hello NKOTB and Counting Crows! What can I say, I am eclectic
- 4th of July parties on Cape Cod
Sarah Cotter, Account Executive:
- Outdoor concerts
- Wearing flip flops instead of boots!
- Beach Days
Jim MacKay, Account Executive:
- Catching the Jason Spooner Band at Portland Lobster Company
- Bustins Island offshore Closest to the Pin Competition
- Winter Harbor Lobster Festival
Karl Schatz, Director:
- Camping with the kids in the back yard
- Working in the garden
- Ice cream at Toots (http://www.tootsicecream.com/welcome.html – website does not do it justice)
Larry Westler, Content Director:
- Riding my bike down Eastern Promenade trail just before sunset, looking for woodchucks.
- Outdoor beers at one of the many, MANY delicious local breweries
- Exploring the coast of Maine; one of my favorite new places is Popham Beach State Park.